Pages

Sunday 22 November 2015

My First Post

Hello Internet,

My name is Emily and I am a Kindy teacher, currently teaching at a wonderful school on Sydney's northern beaches. I'm super excited (and a lil bit nervous) about entering the blogosphere.

I decided to create a blog to document my experiences in implementing aspects of The Daily 5 in my classroom next year.

I felt like The Daily 5 was everywhere I looked on Pinterest, so I bought the book and did some research to see what all the fuss was about. I was definitely intrigued. I had initially planned to implement it at the beginning of the 2015 school year, but [confession], I didn't fully commit. Partly due to my existing literacy groups structure, partly because I didn't know anyone who was doing it to ask for pointers, partly because I felt unprepared... but also because no one was watching me!

I have to admit, I am terrible at sticking to self-imposed routines/deadlines/etc. And that's where you come in. I'm hoping that documenting my journey online will make me a little bit more accountable and give me a little bit more encouragement to go go go!

So, thanks in advance!

See you next time,

0 comments:

Post a Comment