Pages

Sunday 21 February 2016

Writing Centre is Ready to Go!

Hello!

I'm super excited for Monday tomorrow (said no teacher ever haha!) because I've FINALLY been able to set up my Writing Centre for Work on Writing!

It's been a busy couple of weeks - back to school always is - but I've been feeling it even more since I've taken on the Daily 5. It's a good kind of busy though.

Anyway, here it is!! Check out my Writing Centre:


So I had a little play in IKEA, that's where my lovely shelf, document tray, magazine holders, pen holders and cute little pot plants came from. I should not be allowed in there unsupervised!

On the window to the withdrawal room are Writing Topics Cards which I found on TpT by Teaching with Love and Laughter. Check them out here

The kids' journals are in the magazine holders (larger book for Year 1s, small one Year 2) and the document tray holds their plastic or manilla folders. They'll be used to keep any writing they do on loose paper or templates which are in the grey paper-shelf thing...

My beautiful watercolour pennants and alphabet cards are from the Colour My Classroom theme I bought from SchoolgirlStyle. Omg that website is insane. If you ever want to feel inadequate about your classroom decor, go there. So many beautiful things. I showed serious restraint only leaving with the zip file for the theme. I could have easily spent all of the dollars on trimmings, pompoms, tassels... ugh it was heaven.

Well, we shall see how it holds up against my little writers tomorrow.

Next job - my Listening Centre! I've collected a bunch of old iPhones and am ready to tackle the super fun job of syncing them and making QR codes galore!

See you next time,

0 comments:

Post a Comment